Shopping at Posner Park in Davenport
Many know Orlando in Florida as the theme park capital of the world, however it’s also a shoppers paradise with a wide range of shopping experiences.
Posner Park is located on the US27, just off the I-4 (junction 55), near our villas in Davenport and is worth a visit for an American shopping spree day out. There are bargains to be found and it’s genuinely fun to just browse around the shops here, especially as many of the brands are unfamiliar to UK holidaymakers. There’s also a Target, if you just want to stop by to grab some essentials for the villa.
Parking is free at this shopping park, so you can stay as long as you like to explore the shops, as well as grab a drink or bite to eat whilst you’re there. It’s known to be less crowded than the other shopping centres in Orlando, giving you the chance to shop at your own leisure, which is certainly more desirable whilst on holiday.
Shopping Tip: This mall is huge so you may want to drive from store to store. Be sure to remember where you parked as well, as the car parking areas are quite large.
Posner Park Retail Shops
You can find almost anything at Posner Park. Take a look at the list of stores below:
- DICK’S Sporting Goods: An American sports chain, which stocks a massive selection of sporting, fishing gear, clothing and footwear for athletics, outdoor recreation & fitness. They also offer hunting and fishing licenses for residents or visitors and issue them onsite.
- Ross Dress for Less: Discounted store selling brand-name clothing, shoes and homeware. They have a huge selection of items below normal retail price.
- Bath & Body Works: Body care, hand soaps and home fragrance, ideal for treating yourself or someone else.
- Michaels: One of the largest speciality retailers in America of arts and crafts supplies.
- Kay Jewelers: Featuring a wide selection of time pieces and designer jewellery collections, it’s the perfect place to shop for a special holiday souvenir.
- Dollar Tree: Similar to the UK store Poundland, Dollar Tree offers an eclectic mix of household items, beauty products, food & more at discount prices. It’s one of the busiest stores at Posner Park.
“Love Posner Park it's a great stroll on a hot day or evening. JCPenny store is never overcrowded, great stock. There’s a nail bar, sports shop, hobby shop, ice creams, Ross (my recently discovered jewel in the crown). Fabulous parking, good places to eat or drink. Love it.” Amanda
- Rue 21: Known for fashion forward clothing and accessories for young men and women.
- CATO Clothing: Women's clothing store offering a huge selection of stylish apparel and accessories.
- Books-a-Million: Large book store selling all kinds of books from top selling titles to hard-to-find novels, as well as toys, music and more.
- JC Penney: An American chain department store selling a wide selection of brand-name clothing, footwear, cosmetics, bedding and jewellery.
- Best Buy: The leader in electronics in America is Best Buy. This huge store store is filled with brand-name electronics, computers, appliances, games, music, movies and more.
- Ashley HomeStore: A huge showroom with a wonderful selection of furniture and home decor.
Posner Park Shopping Tip: Drink lots of water. You may not realise how much exercise you’re doing when distracted by all the shopping and as Posner Park is an outdoor shopping location, the Florida heat can take it out of you quite easily too.
Posner Park Restaurants
When you’re ready for a break from buying and walking around the shops, Posner Park has a range of dining options available, as well as a cinema, which we go into more detail below.
Grab a bite to eat and enjoy a cold beer at Davenport’s Ale House. They have a large menu featuring burgers, wings, wraps, nachos and more. Davenport’s Ale House is also a sports bar, showing top rated sports and boxing fights around the bar and restaurant.
Cici’s Pizza at Posner Park is an inexpensive buffet-style restaurant, ideal for a quick dinner before heading back to your Orlando villa. Enjoy a range of pizzas, pastas and salads, as well as dessert, which is included in the buffet price.
You’ll also come across an Asian restaurant, called Zen Asian Grill, which is ideal for a Chinese takeaway to enjoy back at your villa in Davenport.
For something sweet, Twistee Treat has some of the best ice creams - you can’t miss the building either, as it looks like a giant ice cream. Spoon and Sprinkles also has a variety of ice cream options, as well as frozen yoghurt. It’s self service at this restaurant, so you pay based on how much you put in the cup! Both of these places are perfect for a hot Florida day.
“Posner Park is away from the congestion of Kissimmee/Orlando but close enough to be convenient to the ChampionsGate/Davenport areas of central Florida. DICK’S Sporting Goods, Ross Dress for Less, Dollar Tree, Target, JCPenny, and Best Buy are among the many stores at Posner Park.” Gloria
Posner Park Cinema
Cinepolis IMAX offers state-of-the-art sound and projection technology drawing you into something as close to reality as you have ever experienced. Seats can be reserved in advance and when you arrive be sure to make the most of the gourmet snacks and drinks on offer too, from candy popcorn to appetisers and wine.
In 2019, Posner Park expanded into the Posner Village area, with lots of new shops and restaurants. This area is likely to continue to grow as well and will be the largest concentration of retail shopping in the Disney Area, that is South of Mall at Millennia.
You can start your day here with a Starbucks coffee. It’s a great meeting place, to grab a frappe or mocha latte before hitting the shops, as well as make use of the free Wi-Fi to plan your day at Posner Park.
There are a couple of clothing stores at Posner Village, including Bealls Outlet and Burlington. Both of these are filled with savings on stylish clothes and you’re likely to find some top quality brands at Bealls.
If you’re wanting to find a bargain head to Five Below, where all items are under $5!
HomeGoods has a huge selection of homeware products, so you can take back a little something for your home the UK.
Looking for premium beauty products? Take a trip over to Ulta Beauty. It also has a hair salon, if you fancy a pamper whilst on your Orlando holiday.
There are a couple of restaurants located at Posner Village, including Chipotle Mexican Grill, which has a variety of delicious Mexican dishes such as burritos, tacos and fajitas. First Watch is another restaurant here, offering some healthier options for breakfast and lunch, all freshly prepared to order.
“We always go here as an added extra to our main shopping at the premium outlets. Especially when you just want to mooch and not going for special item . Nice enough and good proximity to vacation park homes and places to eat.” Susan
What Are the Nearest Villa Communities to Posner Park?
Solterra, Town Center, ChampionsGate, West Haven, Tuscan Ridge, Calabay Parc, Solana, Hampton Lakes, Westridge are all within a ten minute drive of Posner Park.
ChampionsGate Village is the next closest shopping location to Posner Park, if you’re looking for even more shops and restaurants.
Image credit: Posner Village - visitdavenportflorida.com