New Places to Eat at Disney Springs
Be sure to save room for some sweet treats at Disney Springs and take a visit to these delectable locations on your next holiday to Orlando. There’s plenty of delicious options to choose from including homemade cookies and doughnuts, baked fresh everyday too.
This unique dessert experience brings a wide-ranging menu of giant cookies and cake slices to Walt Disney World, as well as their special double frosted cakes and its own line of extraordinary iced drinks.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is most famously known for its nearly half pound cookies, which are ingredient-rich and made-from-scratch. It all started in a home kitchen with one goal: to create an exceptional chocolate chip cookie. Their flavours and dessert ranges have now expanded and they also create a secret Limited Edition first come first serve dessert each month, offering you fun and unique surprises throughout the year. It’s always worth seeing what’s on their menu! Here’s a snippet of the Gideon’s Bakehouse menu:
- Original Chocolate Chip Cookie: This is their first child, which took fifteen years to perfect and is filled with history. It is packed inside and out with a variety of chocolates, infused with differing vanillas, and has a texture that might almost trick you into thinking you're eating cookie dough. This cookie has been named everything from Best in Orlando to Best on Planet Earth.
- Peanut Butter Crunch: Gideon’s wanted to create something that was truly set apart from the standard peanut butter cookie. Every bite is entirely peanut buttery, which isn’t surprising when the dough is made of mostly peanut butter. These cookies are topped with their handmade candied peanuts for the perfect amount of crunch.
- Pistachio Toffee Chocolate Chip: Sweet and Salty. Soft and Crunchy. This has been a long-standing favourite at Gideon’s Bakehouse. This flavoursome cookie mixes their famous chocolate chips with crunchy toffee pieces, topped with slightly salted pistachios.
Cake slices, cookie bars covered in chocolate, local milk (because you need milk with your cookies) and other soft drinks are also available to purchase at Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs.
If you enjoy hot cookies, you won’t want to miss their Hot Cookie Hour, which gives you a chance to enjoy their classic chocolate chip straight from the oven every day at 7pm. There’s also the option of having homemade ice cream with your cookie.
Things to know about Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney:
- They have a 6 cookie limit per person, which is almost 3 pounds of cookies!
- Preorders are currently not available at Disney Springs
- Gideon’s do not ship their baked goods. All treats are 100% handmade from scratch and they’re quality control obsessed so delivering isn’t how they like to work. Their goodies are heavy too, which makes shipping costs just too much.
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew
Disney Springs have recently welcomed a new doughnut shop to their extensive dining lineup, located next door to the NBA Experience. With its colourful exterior, you certainly won’t miss it when you arrive!
Doughnuts at Everglazed are baked daily in limited batches; similar to that of Gideon’s Bakehouse, so you know that it will all be deliciously fresh! Aspiring tasters are advised to get here as early as possible for the most options available.
Enjoy a complete doughnut experience here! Some have called it the Disney Springs version of Voodoo Doughnut, as there’s some amazing (and some crazy) flavours to try! As you queue for your sweet treat, you can watch the workers making the doughnuts through the large windows, where each one is fried, glazed and piled high with a rainbow of toppings.
There is more in store than the name implies, so if not everyone in your party fancies something sweet, sandwiches and loaded fries are also available on the menu. You can grab a flavoured milkshake to go alongside your fries or doughnut too.
Take a look at some of things that can be found on the Everglazed menu:
- Oreo Surprise: Vanilla Iced Donut, Crushed Oreos and Vanilla frosting
- Nutella Bella: Nutella crème-filled, Chocolate Iced Donut and crushed Hazelnuts
- Maple Double Bacon: Maple Iced Donut loaded with crispy Bacon
- Donut Holes: If you’re wanting a small taste of some their glazed doughnuts - great for sharing!
“We like to say our little oasis of indulgences is going to be where ‘Happiness is Glazed Daily,” says Mark Gibson, co-owner of Everglazed. “The menu will be full of sweet surprises and a unique spot for guests wanting a quick treat, cold brew or nitro-infused chilled coffee.”
Things to know about Everglazed Donuts:
- Guests are allowed to purchase a maximum of two dozen doughnuts per person.
- There are many ways to view the menu - virtual menus using a QR code, paper menus, window menus, as well as menus above the counter when you arrive inside, so there’s plenty of time for you to decide what doughnut or doughnuts you would like to try!
M&M’s World - COMING SOON!
We know M&M’s World is more of a store than a restaurant, but they do sell yummy treats, so we just had to include it in this blog.
Opening at Disney Springs in 2021, this new state-of-the-art shop will offer an unforgettable chocolate experience, filled with colourful candy fun, an assortment of M&M’s merchandise and interactive entertainment, surprising and delighting fans of all ages.
This M&M’s store at Disney will include over 100 tubes of the colourful sweets for custom blends. There’s also the chance to purchase some personalised chocolates. The loveable, life-sized M&M’s characters will be in store for photo opportunities and dance parties too, making lasting memories for you and your family.
These places to eat at Disney Springs are ideal for that after dinner treat or some on-the-go snacks, giving you an energy boost for your busy days exploring the theme parks in Orlando. Looking for more sweet treats in Orlando? Take a read of our previous blog.
If you’re in search of a villa holiday near Disney World, we have an array of options on our website. The Debbie’s Villas team are always on hand to answer your calls and emails, if you have any queries as well.
Image credits: Walt Disney World, Gideon’s Bakehouse, M&M’s World